You can follow my crochet pinning on Pinterest: Jenny Brinkmeyer
- Moogly blog: This blog is awesome! She has video tutorials for everything from tying your slip knot and chaining to more complicated specialty stitches. She is continually posting new patterns, stitches, tutorials and links to many free patterns on her sight and other sites. Scroll
down to “video tutorials” to find how to do single crochets, double crochets and many more!
- Black Sheep Wool Company: They are focused on knitting, but they use the same standard yarn weights. This web address gives you a picture comparison of the yarn and information about each yarn weight
- Craft Yarn Council: They give you a standard yarn weight chart which includes suggested hooks for each size of yarn. There are also links to more crochet information in the left column.
Crochet hook conversion chart
- Coats & Clark: This site gives you the conversion from Metric – US – UK/Canada sizes of crochet hooks. Some other sites have conversion charts, but I really like this one the best.
- All Free Crochet: This is a great place to search for patterns and you can sign up for their newsletter and they will send your e-mails with featured patterns. The newsletter is a great way to build up a pattern library and see the variety of available patterns.
- Free Crochet Patterns: This is a new site that I haven’t used much yet, but they do show you a picture with each project name when you do searches.
- Red Heart Yarn: This site promotes their own yarn, but as long as you are using the right yarn size you can usually use any yarn you want.
- Lion Brand Yarn: On the left you can find links to patterns by type. Again they are promoting their yarn, but you can look at their yarn and find a comparable yarn somewhere else if needed.